IF ONLY YOU KNEW
                                                       (To a Wasp)
            O Wasp on my kitchen window, you struggle to get out.  You see the sky, the clouds piled high like fluffy meringue, and press hard against the window, thinking your own wasp-logic best.  I stand nearby, trying to guide you into a jar of flowers so that I may free you.
            Our thoughts are not on the same plane.  If you do not regard me as an enemy, you certainly are not aware that all I want to do is to help you.  Nor do you like the idea of entering a suffocating jar.  If only you knew that after only a few seconds on that jar you would be released out the front door into the fresh air and sunshine again.  But you have no idea that I am thinking about you.  On you struggle, all alone, futilely, thinking your own way best.  I so want to help you.  If only you knew.
            O Reader, you struggle on, trapped in some area of life.  I, the Lord, stand nearby, oh so near, longing to help you take the shortest and best route to freedom.  I know what that is, since I made you.  How I wish you would trust Me, instead of your own futile ways.  I love you, and am constantly thinking about you.  If only you knew.
“ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jer. 29:11, NIV)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE MIRACLE JACKET