THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS


                                 THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS          
   Little drops of water, little grains of sand
Make the mighty ocean, and the pleasant land.”

My father used to sing this old hymn.  Yes, every gigantic ocean wave is made up of tiny droplets; yet no wave, no matter how big, can push past the beach, which is made up of an equally vast army of tiny grains of sand.
Speaking of sand, I learned much about the power of little things on my last day of a holiday in Mazatlan, Mexico in January, 2015.  On the last day of our two-week family holiday, we all wanted to swim in the ocean one last time.  But to our dismay, we saw flags posted by the lifeguards which banned swimming - because of jellyfish!
Yes, you read correctly:  such a huge influx of tiny blue jellyfish had washed in towards the shore that no humans were advised to swim there that day!
Well that’s power in numbers!  One jellyfish alone – a spineless, brainless, gelatinous blob - would be no threat to humans, even with its power to sting.  But an army of jellyfish has great power!
This could be a message for students who wish to bring about changes in gun control laws; for those who wish to boycott a certain powerful company which is doing unethical things; for those of us in a democratic country who want change and feel unheard.  It is a message about the power of a trillion unseen tears or whispered prayers touching God’s heart and moving Him to action on behalf of a desperate individual, church or nation. It is certainly a message to anyone who feels no more important than a lowly jellyfish.  Let us take heart!

God sees the little sparrow fall- it greets His tender view;
If God so loves the little birds, I know He loves me too!

He loves me too, He loves me too, I know He loves me too;
If God so loves the little things, I know He loves me too.

He paints the lily of the field, perfumes each lily bell;
If God so loves the little flow’rs, I know He loves me well.

He loves me too, He loves me too,
I know God loves me too!

If God so loves the little things, I know He loves me too!

I believe above the storm the smallest prayer
Will still be heard;
I believe that Someone in the Great Somewhere hears ev’ry word
I believe, I believe.

Every person on this planet is important to God.  Our tiniest prayers have power, and together, our prayers can stop the enemy and change the world.


Comments

  1. Frances, as I read your blog shivers run up and down my spine. I begin to tear up as the Holy Spirit shows me that all this verbiage in the media about Canada’s problems are really a moot point in light of the power of ever little pray. I have become so caught up in people’s opinions about today’s problems I loose sight of Jesus.
    Lord forgive my insensitivity to your prodding and poking and help me stay on the right track with you, inJesus name.
    Bless you Frances for your ministry of words.
    Barry Tuomi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE MIRACLE JACKET