OF MOUNTAIN GOATS AND ME

I have been so busy lately!
AND I , at age 78, am trying to change my lifestyle for healthier living - and to please Christ.
So there I was on the city bus, after a medical appointment, fearful of what might be coming next in my life, and worried about dietary changes, body chemistry changes and some very real symptoms in my body.  Scared, even though I am a Christian, and have often had to stand on God's Word for healing in mind and body.  Plus God  had asked me to fast and pray for Israel, but I knew that I also needed vitamins and nutrients, especially at my age.
As we slid past the wintry trees and snowy hills along the bus route, I seemed to see in my imagination a mountain goat high up on  a huge snowy mountain.  He looked so peaceful, all alone and far above traffic and man-made  busy-ness.  Sure-footed, he stood still, staring straight ahead.  I was reminded that the Bible says that we should not worry about how we will be fed, or what to wear, or what may happen in our life.  We should be just like that solitary, majestic mountain goat, one of many creatures God has made, and understands completely.  As I watched, I suddenly thought about a predator -perhaps a mountain lion!  How would the goat defend itself?  I watched the pure white goat with touches of grey on its horns begin to blend into the pure snowy whiteness and serenity of the high peaked mountain,with its touches of grey rock, until I could no longer tell them apart.  Camouflage!  So we, as God's children, are protected by the greater power and strength of our majestic God. And will I not help thee, Oh ye of little faith?
The Lord is my Shepherd.
I shall not want (or lack anything I need.)
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters;
He restoreth my soul.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil,
For Thou art with me. (from Psalm 23, KJV)
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE MIRACLE JACKET