THE SAFEST PLACE IS IN HIS ARMS - GOD LOVES YOU, YES YOU!


THE SAFEST PLACE IS IN HIS ARMS – GOD LOVES YOU, YES YOU! 
              This is an eternal Valentine’s Day message – especially for anyone who is depressed, discouraged, sad or beaten down by life.
The beams of the cross on which Jesus, King of the Jews and Saviour of all point to the four directions of the earth:  north, south, east and west.  His face is distorted with agony and sweat lines his brow as his nailed arms reach out to people of all walks of life, every skin colour and ethnic background.  Yet a holy light shines forth from His dear face. He is living out the greatest love anyone has ever shown:  to die, even though innocent Himself, for the sins of each one of us, no matter how hideous, so that we can go to Heaven.  That means you – yes, you!
              I learned this truth years ago, when I was working as a current account teller in a downtown bank.  As the pressures of life and my job mounted, I searched desperately for God and the meaning of life.  True, I had become a mainline Christian, but this did not seem to be enough.  Every night I would go to the public library and search for books in the religious section hoping to find the answer, but would quickly reject them as useless.
              I know that God must have carefully selected my work colleagues at that time.  Patsy(not her real name) in the wicket next to me was a Bible College graduate who told customers about her faith and passed missionary letters through the mail box connecting us.  Fred(not his real name), a new face in the mail room, cheerfully  greeted us each morning, and when free talked with Patsy about faith issues.  One night I could not take the pressure another day, and called Fred, who had such a peace that I lacked, and he kindly shared a tract with me and I asked Jesus into my heart.  I learned that Fred had sensed my spiritual need and had had his whole church praying for me.
  What a wonderful day that was, one that changed my life forever and assured me that I now had a King to be my best Friend and would go to Heaven when I die.
Romans 3:23 in the Holy Bible states that all have sinned (broken God’s laws, done wrong things), and the Bible also says that God is too holy to allow sinful people into Heaven.  However, He loves us and wants our companionship, and had to solve this dilemma by sending His one-and-only, much-loved and perfect Son Jesus to take our punishment on the cross.  Anyone may have peace with God our Father by believing and receiving His precious Son Jesus – receive  forgiveness freely just by asking, and have a joyful, abundant, purposeful life here on earth and go to Heaven when they die.
In John14:6 Jesus says” I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man cometh unto the Father except by Me.
I pray that you, too, will believe in Jesus and make this Valentine’s Day one of eternal joy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE MIRACLE JACKET