THANKY-DOODLE! A Thanksgiving playlet for kids Copyright Frances K. Van Mil

 

THANKY-DOODLE!          A Thanksgiving playlet for kids!                                      Copyright Frances K. Van Mil

Owlet, (a young owl):  “ Well, Hullo there, Lil Pinky!  How goes the battle?  I mean, like, how are you?”

Lil Pinky, (a young pig): “ I-I-I’m just FINE,  thanks, Ow-Owlet!  I’m just pinky-porpoise-purply-FINE!

Owlet:  “Hmm!  Learning our “P” sounds, are we?  And what’s that you’ve got there?

Lil Pinky, turning away from Owlet to hide what he is holding:  “Oh, n-n-nothing much, Owlet, just  s-s-some goodies(for ME-ME-ME alone! I’m NOT at ALL in the mood to share!”

Owlet: “Oh tsk, tsk, whyever not?  I would share with you, and I’m feeling VERY hungry right this minute. I had a VERY poor night of hunting last night, if you want to know, and I’m starving! Whatcha  got, hmmm?”

Lil Pinky: ” Well you sure don’t LOOK as if you are starving! Oh, mostly just some S-S-Smarties, p-p-peanuts, and a c-c-couple of cookies.  But they are ALL for m-m-me!  I saved up my money and got them ALL BY MYSELF FOR ME, ME, ME  MYSELF AND I, and so I’m not sharing!

Owlet:  "Oops!  Didn’t you forget something? “

Lil Pinky: “Well, wh-what?  I’ve got the Smarties, I’ve got the peanuts, AND the cookies, so I d-d- didn’t forget anything!”

Owlet: “No, I mean, didn’t you forget that if it weren’t for God, you wouldn’t have anything at all?”

Lil Pinky: ”Yes, I would s-s-so!  I saved up this money all by myself.  I went to the store and bought them. And I am going to ea-eat them!  Just as soon as you stop interrupting m-m-me!

Owlet: “Well, who helped you to be born , then, huh?  And who helped you to earn spending money, eh?  And gave you the ability to do things, to walk, to eat….”

Lil Pinky: “All right, all right!  You’re right, Owlet!  I forgot that this is Thanksgiving, and so it’s a time to say thank you to God who made us and the whole world, and gave us things to eat, things we can do, and our wonderful parents!”

Owlet: “Well, that’s the idea, Lil Pinky!  In fact, we should ALWAYS thank God every day for all the things He gives us!”

Lil Pinky: “Yes, I’m sorry I forgot!  Hey, Owlet, since God helped me to get these treats, I feel more like sharing, now!  Have some Smarties…and there’s a cookie just for you!”

Owlet:” Well now, well now, little brother, you are really getting the idea!  Thank you!   And  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!”

The two friends go off together.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

THE MIRACLE JACKET