THROUGH THE FAITHOF A LITTLE CHILD

 

n

                                 THROUGH THE FAITH OF A LITTLE CHILD                      

            Our time at Cape Croker was rapidly coming to a close.  Rien began attending house meetings at Saugeen Reserve, to the south of us.  A group, often including Georgina, would carpool every Friday night.  I stayed home with our young children, but waited expectantly for reports of the meetings.

            The meetings were charismatic, Spirit-filled small-group gatherings where God moved and anything could happen: healings, deliverances, utterances in other tongues, prophecies, visions and more. Rien, partly because of his formal Dutch church background, and partly because of his down-to-earth personality, was not easily convinced that God was at work in these things. 

            One night, the host’s little four-year-old boy became excited and tried to get his Dad’s attention:

“I-I-I-I….”

“Sh-h-h, don’t interrupt.”

“i-I-I-i…”

‘Sh-h-h!

Finally,

“Okay, son, what did you want to tell Daddy?”

‘I saw Jesus standing behind that chair!”

Shivers went up and down the back of Rien’s neck.  Adults might exaggerate or be suggestible, he felt, but a child as young as that could not be making it up.  From then on, Rien allowed the group to pray for him, and he began to acquire ministry gifts and anointings from the Holy Spirit which prepared him for the next chapter of our lives on another reserve out west.  When he came home, he told me that his feet had been rooted to the floor, and he had felt as if 10,000 volts of electricity were flowing through him. 

            I noticed a difference in Rien’s whole bearing.  He was bolder, more authoritative in praying for people.  When he prayed, the tears would flow.  The uninitiated jokingly called him a ‘cry-baby”, but I noticed that miracles of healing and deliverance happened whenever he interceded with tears.

            And God had done all this through a little child.

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15 NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

THE MIRACLE JACKET