EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT

 

EVERYTHING’S GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT

There are two things I keep on the wall behind my bed to remind me that, no matter what I am going through, Jesus is in it with me, and will make it come out well. 

            The brown wooden plaque with the famous praying hands in relief was a wedding present from the minister who conducted the marriage ceremony of my husband Rien and me so long ago.  I am reminded daily to bring my deepest concerns to Him in prayer, and to pray for others.

            The painting, possibly a copy of a more famous painting, possibly not famous at all, gives me peace every time I enter my room.  There is a thatched cottage, a stream with a little bridge with a person standing on it, gardens and beautiful spring apple trees and other trees in bloom - all pink and green with blue skies above.  I am transported to the verses in Psalm 23 which say that he makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters; He restoreth my soul.

Thank You Lord for your promises, and your peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RED SALAMANDERS AND SNAPPING TURTLES

THE POWER OF LITTLE THINGS

THE MIRACLE JACKET